iPhone 14 - move multiple photos from Files to Gallery

Hi,

I have over 4k of photos stored in phone's internal memory, which can be accessed with Files app, and I want to move them to the Gallery app. The common way how to do this is to select photos, click "Share" button and then click "Save Image". Then the photo will be accessible with Gallery app.

So for multiple photos I can select all of them and then, in similar way, "Share" and "Save Images". It should work, however, when I select around ~800 photos (all of them in one directory) and save, there are not all of them visible as they should be. Let's say, I have around ~600 (and this number is different every time I try) photos in Gallery, not whole 800.

How can I overcome this issue?

iPhone 14

Posted on May 9, 2023 2:14 AM

4 replies

May 12, 2023 4:20 AM in response to UTBadger

It sounds like you’re not having issues when saving smaller batches, but are when trying to save larger batches to your Photos app?

Exactly. Smaller batches up to 200 photos are saved correctly. Problem appears with larger amount of photos.

It’s not clear from the information provided to this point why that would be the case, or why the photos are currently in Files instead of Photos, but if things are working normally in smaller batches, we’d suggest breaking things up and saving in smaller batches instead. Also, what od you mean that they are not visible as they should be? How do they appear?

Okay. I have these photos in my Files app because I've uploaded them into the phone by transfer via WiFi. These are photos from my previous, Android phone, which I wanted to see in my Gallery on iPhone.

Fortunately I've solved the issue exactly by uploading with small batches of 200 photos (so for around 4k photos it took me some time to do this). However this kind of dealing with it looks weird, I'm curious why iPhone can't save larger amount of photos by once.

May 11, 2023 1:14 PM in response to UnnAmmEdd

Hey UnnAmmEdd,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We’d be happy to help. It sounds like you’re not having issues when saving smaller batches, but are when trying to save larger batches to your Photos app?

It’s not clear from the information provided to this point why that would be the case, or why the photos are currently in Files instead of Photos, but if things are working normally in smaller batches, we’d suggest breaking things up and saving in smaller batches instead. Also, what od you mean that they are not visible as they should be? How do they appear?

If all else fails, this would likely be best supported by contacting Apple directly using this link: Get Support

Take care!

May 11, 2023 11:45 PM in response to UnnAmmEdd

Is your iPhone syncing with iCloud Drive and are you using "Optimize Storage"? Then the Files.app can only share the photos that have been downloaded from iCloud to the iPhone and are currently stored locally on the iPhone. Try to force a download from iCloud before trying to share the photos.

Or do you mean by "stored in the internal memory" that you are not using iCloud at all?

Where are you looking for the photos you added from Files? Icheck for the photos in the "Library > All Photos" tab, not in Imports or Recents. If you share the same photos over and over again, they will not be imported again and appear again in Imports, but you should be seeing them in All Photos.

iPhone 14 - move multiple photos from Files to Gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.