Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Sometimes a lot of latency, and sometimes none...?

Hello, I just bought a Apple Macmini M2pro with 32 GB ram because I am a composer. The first thing I installed was a virtual grand piano, the Garritan Abbey road Yamaha CFX3. After I installed it I noticed huge latency. When I played a chord the notes would come after 10 seconds. So I shut the computer down and tried it again. This time it worked great. After playing I closed the Garritan. Then I browsed a bit on the internet and I started the Garritan again. This time I experienced the same problem. Huge latency. How can I fix this? I think it is some kind of driver problem. I already tried the audio/midi configuration but that did not give any result...

I use a Yamaha digital piano P515 which is connected via midi. I have a midi interface midiman by M-audio. That interface is connected via usb to the Mac.

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on May 10, 2023 10:34 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 10, 2023 11:45 AM in response to Loofsteen

Loofsteen wrote:

Hello, I just bought a Apple Macmini M2pro with 32 GB ram because I am a composer. The first thing I installed was a virtual grand piano, the Garritan Abbey road Yamaha CFX3. After I installed it I noticed huge latency. When I played a chord the notes would come after 10 seconds. So I shut the computer down and tried it again. This time it worked great. After playing I closed the Garritan. Then I browsed a bit on the internet and I started the Garritan again. This time I experienced the same problem. Huge latency. How can I fix this? I think it is some kind of driver problem. I already tried the audio/midi configuration but that did not give any result...
I use a Yamaha digital piano P515 which is connected via midi. I have a midi interface midiman by M-audio. That interface is connected via usb to the Mac.

For your third party app, did you reach out to their support page...(?)

https://www.makemusic.com/contact-us/#Garritan-Sales-and-Support

Sometimes a lot of latency, and sometimes none...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.