Deaf or hard-of-hearing users can pair Made for iPhone hearing devices directly to Mac and customize them for their hearing comfort.

Today's accessibility announcement from Apple says "Deaf or hard-of-hearing users can pair Made for iPhone hearing devices directly to Mac and customize them for their hearing comfort."

Is this available now? If so, how do I do this

Posted on May 16, 2023 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 1:23 PM

Here is the announcement you referenced.

Apple previews Live Speech, Personal Voice, and more new accessibility features - Apple

Note these relevant statements from the announcement:

• “New software features for cognitive, speech, and vision accessibility are coming later this year”
  • “Apple today previewed software features for cognitive, vision, hearing, and mobility accessibility …”
  • “Users will be able to pair Made for iPhone hearing devices with select Mac devices with M1 chip, and all Mac devices with M2 chip.”
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 1:23 PM in response to Steggy1

Here is the announcement you referenced.

Apple previews Live Speech, Personal Voice, and more new accessibility features - Apple

Note these relevant statements from the announcement:

• “New software features for cognitive, speech, and vision accessibility are coming later this year”
  • “Apple today previewed software features for cognitive, vision, hearing, and mobility accessibility …”
  • “Users will be able to pair Made for iPhone hearing devices with select Mac devices with M1 chip, and all Mac devices with M2 chip.”

Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM in response to sberman

Well, I have to say I am so very frustrated . I just purchased an apple MacBook Pro .

My hearing aids will not come up ! They are Beltone HearMax. (mfi), Im told they should .... but they do Not ,rendering my new laptop a pain in the *** and almost smashed !

sigh .......seriously?

can any one help with this ? Or, do I return my laptop as it's pretty useless to me now........so very frustrated.

( did I mention that...?)

Deaf or hard-of-hearing users can pair Made for iPhone hearing devices directly to Mac and customize them for their hearing comfort.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.