Netflix App not working on Apple TV. Receiving "Sorry, we had trouble logging you in" errors

My Netflix app for my Apple TV has stopped working for reasons I don't know. The account works fine on every other platform I have, just not my Apple TV.

When I try to use my login information, I get a "Sorry, we had trouble logging you in" error message. If I try to "Restore Purchase" instead, I get an "Error. Sorry, something went wrong" message.

Things I have tried:

Un-installing and re-installing the Netflix app.

Restarting my Apple TV.

Step #1, then #2, then Reinstalling.

So far, nothing is working. Again, the Netflix app works on my phone, via my Playstation, via my smart TV. It's only the Apple TV box where it's not working.

It's a Model A1625, running 16.5 tvOS.

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 9:32 AM

Netflix says 'Sorry, we had trouble logging you in.' - Netflix Help Center

Note that you will need to sign in with your Netflix account credentials, which should be different than your Apple ID account credentials. Restore Purchase only applies for subscriptions and in-app purchases through Apple.

Netflix continues to work fine my on Apple TV box with tvOS 16.5. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 9:32 AM in response to Oliver Wang1

Netflix says 'Sorry, we had trouble logging you in.' - Netflix Help Center

Note that you will need to sign in with your Netflix account credentials, which should be different than your Apple ID account credentials. Restore Purchase only applies for subscriptions and in-app purchases through Apple.

Netflix continues to work fine my on Apple TV box with tvOS 16.5. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Netflix App not working on Apple TV. Receiving "Sorry, we had trouble logging you in" errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.