Overcharged Playing Royal Match Game

I have been severely overcharged when buying coins to play this game. How do I dispute this and have someone look into the history of the purchases and what is was charged?

Posted on May 23, 2023 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 7:08 PM

I purchased a package from Royal Match by Dream games and was charged double. I looked at my records and ALL of my purchases through them are 2x what I thought I was paying.

36 replies

Nov 27, 2023 5:13 PM in response to Kurt Lang

You are 100% correct. I’m going to see if they do anything about this dispute, and then I’m going to delete the app.

they suck you in! Only started playing this game because you don’t need the internet to play and it was handy. But I quickly became addicted and would pay for the extra coins in order to keep playing! No more!

Mar 3, 2024 4:57 PM in response to MkayG

I just was charged $29.95 after agreeing to buy coins for $0.99! Why has this app not been shut down yet?! I am disputing this charge! I noticed it had done this before, but thought it was just a fluke. Now I decided to google if anyone else had this problem, and it seems so many others have been overcharged as well!

Mar 30, 2024 10:26 PM in response to MkayG

I’ve just realised the scam on my account. I purchased a “travel deal 75% off” for $9.99

the bank debit was for $19.98

when I looked up my history, I see there were multiple charges in one day. Something I just wouldn’t do being a pensioner.

i won’t be continuing with this game now. I don’t trust it.

has anyone had any success with getting their money back?

Dec 31, 2023 3:16 PM in response to MkayG

I, too, have been cheated. At first I didn't realize it because I was beginning to learn the game and could barely see what was available and the cost. After about a week I knew what I wanted but kept seeing wrong amounts, which were "supposedly" canceled. I didn't look at my e-mail amounts in detail until my delegated account (in which I decided to only keep a certain amount) was out of money within a day. I attempted to contact Apple Support but got vague answers. I assumed it because I just didn't understand how to report the situation. After finding this community, I now realize that I have to fight to get my money back. Has anyone had any luck with Apple?

Nov 27, 2023 5:08 PM in response to Emmy765

The ads for this game are incessant in Microsoft's Solitaire for iOS. It looks interesting, but after reading many reviews, it came down to what the ads show (lot's of puzzles to save the king) to what game play is really like (the puzzles very widely spread out with a lot of fluff in between).

It also suffers from the game play of many freemium games. You can advance rather quickly at the beginning, but it becomes nearly impossible - or glacially slow - to advance later in the game without getting the expensive in-app purchases.

At least, this is what a handful of other users have written about the game. I never bothered to try it after reading them.

Basically, I try to never download anything with in-app purchases. I do have a few, but only spent the few bucks to kill the ads in each one.

Dec 29, 2023 6:24 PM in response to MkayG

I had thought that too. But if you can log in and check your purchase history. It appears that Apple will pull the funds at the end of the day. For ex. I usually buy $1.99 for 1000 coins. 2 or 3 times in one day sometimes. and what Apple is doing is lumping all the charges together as one $1.99 x 3 5.97 and so on. I can throw you off. If you have it set up to where your bank alerts you when you are charged.

Overcharged Playing Royal Match Game

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.