Blocking cookies from a particular site in Safari on iPad iOS 16.5

Is it possible to block cookies from particular sites in Safari? I didn't see such an option to do so, other than blocking all cookies. Similarly, Chrome on iPad lacks that feature, unlike Chrome on Windows. Thanks.

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 7:48 PM

As I understand your question, you want to block specific websites from saving cookies and related website data, but you still want the websites to load and work normally. That's sort of a tall order, and I don't know of an app or Safari Extension that can do that.

I wonder if there is more to your question. Perhaps you simply want to use Private Browsing for those websites?

Browse privately in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

It will not prevent cookies from being stored temporarily (routine website navigation often requires it) but they will be purged along with all other website data upon exiting Private Browsing.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 7:48 PM in response to J1-Helena

As I understand your question, you want to block specific websites from saving cookies and related website data, but you still want the websites to load and work normally. That's sort of a tall order, and I don't know of an app or Safari Extension that can do that.

I wonder if there is more to your question. Perhaps you simply want to use Private Browsing for those websites?

Browse privately in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

It will not prevent cookies from being stored temporarily (routine website navigation often requires it) but they will be purged along with all other website data upon exiting Private Browsing.

Blocking cookies from a particular site in Safari on iPad iOS 16.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.