Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone 12 pro max restarting issue

My iphone 12 pro max sometimes restarts on its own, and when it turns on it gives me 10% battery. Then I turn it off and turn it back on and it gives me back the battery as before. please help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 9:24 PM

If your battery health is at 69% health, then you definitely need to change your battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support (IN)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 9:24 PM in response to zahir298

If your battery health is at 69% health, then you definitely need to change your battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support (IN)

May 28, 2023 9:18 PM in response to zahir298

zahir298 Said:

"phone 12 pro max restarting issue: My iphone 12 pro max sometimes restarts on its own, and when it turns on it gives me 10% battery. Then I turn it off and turn it back on and it gives me back the battery as before. please help"

-------

iPhone Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone apparently is stuck in a boot loop. And this typically happens when you unsuccessfully download something or an update install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

phone 12 pro max restarting issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.