Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Pay update shipping contact

I’m trying to make an online purchase with Apple Pay

it keeps referring to Update Shipping Address, when I click on that it says my phone number is invalid. Which it is not. I’ve checked in settings and the phone number is correct

Posted on May 29, 2023 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 7:38 PM

I'm also now having this issue after updating to iOS 17.4 when previously I didn't have an issue with purchasing stuff online using Apple Pay. It telling me to update my shipping, billing address, etc... when everything is correct. The wording is in red when you're about to process an online order saying update billing address. So annoying!

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2024 7:38 PM in response to simonegfl

I'm also now having this issue after updating to iOS 17.4 when previously I didn't have an issue with purchasing stuff online using Apple Pay. It telling me to update my shipping, billing address, etc... when everything is correct. The wording is in red when you're about to process an online order saying update billing address. So annoying!

Mar 10, 2024 9:08 AM in response to saoldfield

I'm also now having this issue after updating to iOS 17.4 when previously I didn't have an issue with purchasing stuff online using Apple Pay. It telling me to update my shipping, billing address, etc... when everything is correct. The wording is in red when you're about to process an online order saying update billing address. So annoying! PLEASE HELP

May 30, 2023 4:25 AM in response to saoldfield

This information will help update your Apple ID information.

Manage your Apple ID

Because your Apple ID is used across all your devices and services, it's important to keep your account information up to date. Simply sign in to appleid.apple.com at any time to manage your account:

You can also learn how to manage your payment information on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Update your shipping information on your iPhone.

Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > transaction defaults > address - update as needed

Wallet app > tap on any card > tap three dots in corner > tap address - edit as needed for all cards

Settings > Apple ID (your name at the top) > payment & shipping > address - edit as needed.

Nov 10, 2023 8:20 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I was able to update my address under my Apple ID and wallet in Settings, but when I try to go directly to the Wallet app and click on the three dots as suggested, the only option it gives me is to view card number or car details, and there is no place to add the shipping address under any of these options, just billing address, which I did confirm was correct.

Feb 28, 2024 7:02 AM in response to simonegfl

I may have the fix for this, but the individual merchant may be showing past shipping information if you’ve done Apple Pay transactions with them before.

Please follow this path,

iPhone > Settings app > Contacts > My Info > type your name into search field at top of screen > select contact Me (see photo below) > correct all contact information > save changes

Next step is,

Settings app > Wallet & Apple Pay > scroll down to Transaction Defaults > Shipping Address > a blue check mark should be next to new/updated Shipping Address.

Address will used on all new transactions. If you have an existing transaction, that will need to be canceled and a new transaction started.

Apple Pay update shipping contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.