apple id problem ? or macbook

ok so , i wanted to change my user name

so i went to “users & groups” but to find out you can change the user only if your on another admin account (i googled) ,,

so i created an account and put admin to it , logged off and logged into the new account and i still couldn’t find the name change place .

i then tried to signup my apple id on this new user account

but then my mac suddenly resetted and this kept popping up , even if i went to sign in to the apple id settings :

it doesn’t work , i’ve been resetting my macbook , tried to sign out but after the words “signing out..” it just bring me back to my account.

-

so i went to general to “transfer or reset” and to the erase all content and settings , filled everything up but :

-

in the settings everything seems to work perfectly fine except for the “users & groups” and the apple id services , it wouldn’t let me in it //

they wouldn’t let me turn off screen time too : this is what it showed

-

i also resetted the startup disk

please give me step by step on how to fix this .

i tried to turn my macbook into recovery mode but it just brings me to password recovery instead .

my latest update :

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:40 PM

jinx272 Said:

"apple id problem ? or macnook"

-------

Refer to the following. Safe Mode (C.) seems the best route to take...

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

There seems to be an issue connecting to Apple's servers. So, refer to the following. If of no success, then try later on. Report back the results.

A. Close All Apps:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Restart the Mac:

Shut down to Mac for 30 seconds, and then boot up login in normally

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

D. Ethernet Adapter:

If you have the availability, then connect using Ethernet. This would be an adapter to use: The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

E. Restart the Modem:

Power off you modem for 30 seconds by unplugging it. Power it back on, performing all of the above, once more.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 8:40 PM in response to jinx272

jinx272 Said:

"apple id problem ? or macnook"

-------

Refer to the following. Safe Mode (C.) seems the best route to take...

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

There seems to be an issue connecting to Apple's servers. So, refer to the following. If of no success, then try later on. Report back the results.

A. Close All Apps:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Restart the Mac:

Shut down to Mac for 30 seconds, and then boot up login in normally

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

D. Ethernet Adapter:

If you have the availability, then connect using Ethernet. This would be an adapter to use: The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

E. Restart the Modem:

Power off you modem for 30 seconds by unplugging it. Power it back on, performing all of the above, once more.

May 29, 2023 8:55 PM in response to jinx272

jinx272 Said:

"ok for the safe mode , i did it accordingly but when i press down the button to go to the safe mode it shows the apple logo and go straight to black screen , been holding for a minute and nothing is appearing"

-------

Troubleshooting Keyboard Shortcuts:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets. Using an external to perform this, being your internal one is giving you the issue.

apple id problem ? or macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.