Fps drops when turning in any game

Why does my game drop to the 10-20 fps ranges when I start to turn my pov? When standing still my game goes instantly to 60 fps however any slight movement causes it go down when I move my screen in game. This happens on almost every game from minecraft, csgo, roblox and etc. Theres more questions and that is there a fix to this? The second second is if there is no fix is it normal on mac or just universally around all low end devices?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 30, 2023 2:41 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2023 5:58 PM in response to DansDankis

Are these game apps completely up to date?

Are you running any anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, or third party security software? If so, then these are most likely contributing to the problem.

Make sure to completely close all other running apps and disable all login items as they will all impact performance to some extent.

Check the games' forums and check with the games' developers to see if others are having the issue and to see if they can assist you since it may be an issue with those particular games which may be already be a known issue.

Fps drops when turning in any game

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.