Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AIDente App

Does AIDente affect my MacBook Pro m1 battery? or does it have any side effects?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 1:18 PM

I’ve been running AlDente for a few years, without any side effects.

I started before Apple started doing a better job managing Macbook battery charging. I started after my company 2017 intel 13” Macbook Pro swelled up and warped the case.

5 replies

Jun 3, 2023 7:20 AM in response to shadyy79

That is essentially what I do with my company Macbook Pro setup on my desk with Thunderbolt dock, 32” 4K external monitor, USB devices, external keyboard, external trackpad, etc... I have AlDente set at 80% (sometimes I move the slider up or down a little bit). My battery after 16 months is in excellent health.

NOTE: You are asking unpaid volunteers, that do not work for Apple, for their opinion.

Jun 5, 2023 8:21 AM in response to shadyy79

shadyy79 wrote:

I've a continuous use of my laptop and I'm using it on battery so my battery health is degraded to 87 percent and I also make sure to charge in btw 20 to 80 but still that's why thought to that I can use it on power adapter while maintaining the battery at 80 with AIDente, now is it okay to use this way?

MacOS does this all by itself. I don't know why you'd need a third party app as well. But, I don't guess it will hurt anything. I trust BobHarris's judgement.

AIDente App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.