Inbox mail invisible

Since upgrading to Ventura, all the mail in my Mac Mail Inbox on my laptop has become invisible. I have to use my iphone to see it. It used to be visible before I clicked and read it, but now even unread mail is invisible. I have to use my iphone to see it. All the mails in my Sent box remain visible. I had a techie spend ages trying everything, including rebuilding Mail, and the best they could establish is that it's a conflict of some sort, which would require me to totally begin again with a wiped computer. Before I do this, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this nightmare?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 2:47 AM

This article from Apple on " Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac "

The Inbox may in fact been there it is just not been Added to Favourites

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

FYI - favorite from Apple spelling and favourites from Canadian English spelling

3 replies

Jun 2, 2023 4:02 AM in response to Jimbo268

User wrote " Since upgrading to Ventura, all the mail in my Mac Mail Inbox on my laptop has become invisible."

User wrote "The box is entirely visible on the sidebar, and can be opened, but is empty "

Got it, Invisible = Empty, which is not the same thing

There could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

6 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

7 - Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

Prime candidates for this type of Computer Issue are

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster. 

1 - Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac “

MacKeeper,

Dr Cleaner Pro Plus

Open Cleaner one Pro

Macmechanic

Clean my Mac x.

2  - Third Party Security Software 

This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus 

Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus

McAfee

Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard,

Webroot ,

ESET ,

Avira ,

AVG AntiVirus  

avira antivirus 

Trustee  

AntiVirus for Mac

F-Secure

Securemac

Cylance

Kaspersky Internet Security

Total Virus Software 

EDITED

Jun 2, 2023 3:59 AM in response to PRP_53

The Inbox is entirely visible on the sidebar, and can be opened, but is empty. As I said, a techie – an Apple techie – spent ages going through everything, and every textbook solution, including the obvious and the advanced, before admitting defeat, and saying it was "an unknown system conflict". We created a second administrator account on the same computer to check, and the contents of the mail Inbox on that is visible. But moving across all the applications and contents to the second account, bit by bit, to try and avoid whatever is causing the conflict, isn't feasible. So posting here is just to ask if anyone has struck this issue, and if they identified the item or setting that's responsible for the conflict.

Inbox mail invisible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.