Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send Email on Charter POP Account on M1 MacBook Pro

All of a sudden a few weeks ago I am unable to send email with my Charter POP account on my M1 MacBook Pro, yet it works fine on my iPhone 13 Mini. It receives email just fine on the MacBook Pro. When I try sending, it comes back with "Cannot send message using the server smtp.charter.net", "The sender address *****@charter.net was rejected by the server smtp.charter.net". I've made no changes to the settings. I've contacted Charter (Spectrum) several times, first being told they were working on an issue that effects home computers, then another time I was told to switch from POP to IMAP that they don't use POP anymore...which is not true. This is very frustrating.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 1:31 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 8, 2023 12:15 PM in response to Resist

Hey Resist,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. The information below may help with sending emails.

Here's an article that addresses the issue with not being able to send emails: If you can’t send emails in Mail on Mac.

If you have other email accounts in the Mail app and they are not experiencing an issue, you may need to delete and re-add the email account. If you need assistance with that, contact your email service provider to ensure the email server details are correct.

This link provides Spectrum Email Server Settings: Spectrum Email Server Settings | Spectrum Support. The information may help.

Best wishes.

Jul 7, 2024 2:39 PM in response to Resist

Now all of a sudden I can't get my charter email on my iPhone, it says there is an account error, yet I haven't changed any of the settings. And, when I open emails from just a few months ago it can't get them saying the message has not been downloaded from the server. This is so frustrating because I have emails I wanted to say and have account tied to this email address!

Can't Send Email on Charter POP Account on M1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.