Power supply not connecting to MacBookPro 2019 16inch 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Hi,

After updating to Ventura 13.4 (this may be unrelated but this issue happened after this update) my power brick that came with the laptop isn't properly connecting to the computer. The power supply keeps toggling, and the battery isn't being charged.

I can charge the computer using other (non mac) power sources,

and I can use the power brick to charge other devices,

they are now only incompatible with each other.

I have purchased new usb-c to usb-c cables so that was not the issue either.

Sincerley,

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 2:10 PM

p33ch wrote:

Hi,

After updating to Ventura 13.4 (this may be unrelated but this issue happened after this update) my power brick that came with the laptop isn't properly connecting to the computer. The power supply keeps toggling, and the battery isn't being charged.

Sincerley,

I would use the charging cable that shipped with your Mac charger...

On an Intel mac I would reset the System Management Controller with it plugged in:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 2:10 PM in response to p33ch

p33ch wrote:

Hi,

Sincerley,

I would use the charging cable that shipped with your Mac charger...

On an Intel mac I would reset the System Management Controller with it plugged in:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Jun 7, 2023 2:21 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hey,

thanks for the advice, resetting SMC with the power unit plugged in didnt work.

ill expand on the toggling part,

when i connect the power supply the chime for connection plays seemingly with random intervals, when the computer is turned on, i can also see in the top bar that the battery icon flickers from charging to powered by battery

so even when the computer is turned off, this chime plays when the computer is connected to the power brick.

this sort of wales up the computer fyi, at least the screen wakes up and shows a battery icon with the “amount” of charge

Power supply not connecting to MacBookPro 2019 16inch 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.