Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Reminders not Syncing from Mac

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my reminders syncing properly. If I create a new reminder on my phone it syncs and shows up on my computer. However, if I create a reminder on my computer, it does not sync to my phone.

I have tried all the basic stuff: making sure its turned on in icloud; logged into same account; internet access; date and time settings; software updates; etc....

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 11:36 AM

8 replies

Jun 11, 2023 4:16 PM in response to Willssr

Hey Willssr,

If your Reminders don't sync as expected, the following steps may help.

"Things to check first

1. Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If a reminder isn't showing up on some of your devices, make sure that your iPhone and iPad have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or that your Mac has the latest version of macOS.
  3. Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders in your iCloud settings.
  4. Check that the date and time settings on your device are correct for your current location. " If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Be sure to click the link for additional troubleshooting steps. We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Jan 15, 2024 4:47 PM in response to verxchris

Actually I was just able to fix this. From everything I was reading it seemed that some sort of corrupted reminder was likely causing the issue so I went into my desktop reminders app and deleted a bunch of lists and reminders, including a few daily recurring ones. Suddenly it started syncing!

I suggest going in and cleaning house on your Reminders to see if you can delete the culprit.

Apr 26, 2024 3:21 PM in response to Willssr

WORKED!! I just updated my MacBook Air Early 2015 to Monterey 12.7.4 and iPhone 15Pro to IOS 17.4.1. I also turned off Reminders in iCloud on my MacBook only and back on and everything now syncs. It took a few minutes because I was going to reply that it didn't work but it ended up working. I've tried several test; adding reminders on my MacBook and then when they appear on my iPhone, deleting them and also resorting the different reminders list and everything seems to be syncing up fine now. Thanks for the suggestions from others!

Reminders not Syncing from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.