cintiq monitor does not get signal to wake after sleep

very frustrating to have to restart the computer to get the computer have a signal to moniotr via USB-c to work.

Started happening when I hooked up a projector via HDMI.

removing the HDMI does not fix the issue.

I use the HDMI connection to restart the computer as the projector will get signal.

The connection on the Cintiq ALWAYS has to cycle through all types of connections to find USB-C every time.

Is there a way to tell the StudioPro to look at the USB-C first?

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 4:35 PM

The problem is with macOS Computer Sleep, not your Mac Studio or the connected devices.

Try disabling the Screensaver or what happens after the Screensaver runs out.

In the mean time, it might help to send feedback to Apple about this issue.

Feedback - Mac Studio - Apple

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 12, 2023 9:28 AM in response to mm1928

Toggle "Prevent automatic sleep ......." and only allow the displays to turn off after 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity.

How to Prevent Mac from Sleeping When Display is Off (MacOS Ventura)

1. Pull down the  Apple menu and go to “System Settings”
  2. Go to “Displays”
  3. Click on “Advanced…”
  4. Toggle the switch for “Prevent automatic sleeping when the display is off”

Apr 17, 2024 9:36 AM in response to mm1928

Same problem for me. I have been using Wacom pen displays for 15 years. Everyone of them has had a problem with waking after the computer sleeps. I now have their latest high end display that connects with USB-c instead of HDMI, and still the problem persists.

The point is, it's not entirely clear if its a Mac issue or a Wacom issue or both. Our office is full of LG Displays that connect to macs via USB-c and none of them have this issue. Leads me to believe its a Wacom problem.

cintiq monitor does not get signal to wake after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.