I plugged my charger in my macbook but somehow my macbook still isn't charging. does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I plugged my charger in my macbook but somehow my macbook still isn't charging. does anyone know how to solve this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 7:21 PM

It would really help to know the exact model of the Mac since different Macs require different things. You can get the exact model by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

In the mean time here are two Apple articles for troubleshooting charger issues. One for a Magsafe charger and one for USB-C charger.

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac laptop - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 7:21 PM in response to Abdulrahman__

It would really help to know the exact model of the Mac since different Macs require different things. You can get the exact model by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

In the mean time here are two Apple articles for troubleshooting charger issues. One for a Magsafe charger and one for USB-C charger.

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac laptop - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2024 11:05 AM in response to qbw785

Unfortunately this partially works in my case a 2019 MacBook Pro i9 that I paid $4500 for in 2021/22 from Apple and already need to look for a new computer due to the unreliability of this only fix, as it does not stick. I do this reset anytime I need to use my doc, an approved Kensington that worked no problem for the last few years, now causing my MacBook to stop charging randomly without notice. Also the power lightning and/or power icons over the % of power do not always show properly. It's crazy how many 2019's have this issue when I google and only offering some SMC reset that does not stick is poor craftmanship and customer service. If I want a computer that will last only a few years, I guess a PC would have been a much cheaper option. Sorry for the rant, but when I read so many complaints and losing a $4500 investment it's frustrating especially from a Company like Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.