Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Someone is remotely accessing my iPhone, Internet and iPad

Someone is remotely accessing my phone, internet and iPad. They have pretty much taken over both internet and cellular data. They are jamming my signals on a daily basis, my phone will loose data connection cellular and internet, which ever I am on.How do I get rid of them. This has been going on over a year. Called the police to file a report, talked to Samsung, Cox cable and T- Mobile. No one seems the least bit worried. I have done everything; hard resets, changed passwords, changed my numbers, new phones and nothing works. I am determined to figure this out and won’t stop until I do. Does anyone have another suggestion as to what to do besides get an old rotary land line and disconnect my internet……lol…. Oh and on my iPad under analytics data, I saw on one of the entries, with code(I know nothing about ), the words “RAT Retension”

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 11:36 AM

Im having same problem. in the morning i open safari and there are windows open that I did not open. I have added extra verification, changed my Apple ID password, dont know what else to do. My credit cards are compromised regularly , buying TV stuff. Next is to replace router. Any other suggestions? suggest type of router to get?

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 11:36 AM in response to rlframeli

Im having same problem. in the morning i open safari and there are windows open that I did not open. I have added extra verification, changed my Apple ID password, dont know what else to do. My credit cards are compromised regularly , buying TV stuff. Next is to replace router. Any other suggestions? suggest type of router to get?

Jun 12, 2023 2:25 PM in response to rlframeli

rlframeli wrote:

Someone is remotely accessing my phone, internet and iPad.

This is not possible. There is no known method of remotely accessing an iPhone or an iPad. They may have access to your Wi-fi network if they are nearby though.

They have pretty much taken over both internet and cellular data.

There is no way to take over cellular data. Cellular connections are very secure. They are tied to your device ID, and only you can access them through a secure connection to your carrier / service provider.

They are jamming my signals on a daily basis, my phone will loose data connection cellular and internet, which ever I am on.How do I get rid of them.

Why do you think they are jamming your signals? how do you know its someone doing this deliberately and just an issue with your cellular connection or Wi-Fi network. It takes vert specialized and expensive equipment to hack into a cellular network or even jam it. What you see in the movies is not generally possible in real life.

This has been going on over a year. Called the police to file a report, talked to Samsung, Cox cable and T- Mobile. No one seems the least bit worried. I have done everything; hard resets, changed passwords, changed my numbers, new phones and nothing works. I am determined to figure this out and won’t stop until I do. Does anyone have another suggestion as to what to do besides get an old rotary land line and disconnect my internet……lol…. Oh and on my iPad under analytics data, I saw on one of the entries, with code(I know nothing about ), the words “RAT Retension”

Without having any context, for the words you saw in the analytic, they're meaningless to anyone but Apple's technicians that actually know what it may refer to.

If you care to explain exactly what is happening, then maybe someone can help you resolve them. Spouting conspiracy theories, well not help you resolve anything. Also looking any analytics that you don't understand is also not helpful.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no known method of remotely accessing an iPhone or iPad.

That is not what is happening.

Jun 12, 2023 6:43 PM in response to Phil0124

i am telling you that it is happening. They are somehow going thru the network. I have alerts from my Lookout account on a daily basis stating that my phone has been turned off or the SIM has been removed, while I am holding the device. It usually takes them about an hour to do whatever they are doing before my service comes back on. I then get a location where it happened, across the street about 2 blocks away and some times I get an address. I have not connected my phones or iPad to the computer in about 3 months hoping it would stop, but they are using cellular network now. They have cloned or mirrored my devices. I also have Jammer Detector app on my phones that goes off 3 or 4 times a day when this happens. It also sometimes give me a location very close to my house. I keep my phones and iPad off the internet now because they were getting on my WiFi as devices I did not recognize , and I booted them off. Recently I checked my router logs, and now they show up as my devices, but it is not when I am on and phones are powered off, After 11:00 pm till 4 or 5 in the morning. They are going to websites I have never been to and using apps like FaceTime which I have never used, snap chat never used. They frequent Lets Encrypt a lot. There are many more. I am pretty sure they have been in my house. One of their devices that showed up on my router, when this first started was “Rhonda’s Honda”. I have never once connected my device or any device to my vehicle. I knew then it was being done remotely.

Jun 12, 2023 6:49 PM in response to rlframeli

rlframeli Said:

"Someone is remotely accessing my iPhone, Internet and iPad: [...]I have done everything; hard resets, changed passwords, changed my numbers, new phones and nothing works. I am determined to figure this out and won’t stop until I do. Does anyone have another suggestion as to what to do[...]"

-------

Get a New Router and Secure your Accounts and Devices.

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone calls' and messages' info to Apple and Authorities. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Jul 14, 2023 1:02 PM in response to angrygirl76

angrygirl76 wrote:

It is certainly posible that your Apple ID has been compromised. If so, see this article:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Getting a new router will have no effect on this.

Jul 14, 2023 12:05 PM in response to rlframeli

rlframeli wrote:

They are jamming my signals on a daily basis, my phone will loose data connection cellular and internet, which ever I am on.How do I get rid of them. This has been going on over a year. Called the police to file a report, talked to Samsung, Cox cable and T- Mobile. No one seems the least bit worried.

I doubt if someone is using a cell phone jammer. It is much more likely that you are experiencing "dead spots" or "weak spots" in cellular reception.

If someone is out there jamming cellular communications, the phone companies would be all too happy to help the Federal Government drop a very big hammer on the offender.

https://www.fcc.gov/enforcement/areas/jammers

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-11-249A1.pdf

• Jammer use by the public and local law enforcement is illegal.
  • Using or importing jammers is illegal. (except in the context of authorized use by the Federal Government itself).
  • Unlawfully marketing jammers in the United States may result in monetary forfeitures of up to $16,000 for each violation or each day of a continuing violation, and up to $112,500 for a single violation, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

Jul 14, 2023 1:01 PM in response to rlframeli

rlframeli wrote:

i am telling you that it is happening. They are somehow going thru the network. I have alerts from my Lookout account on a daily basis stating that my phone has been turned off or the SIM has been removed, while I am holding the device. It usually takes them about an hour to do whatever they are doing before my service comes back on. I then get a location where it happened, across the street about 2 blocks away and some times I get an address. I have not connected my phones or iPad to the computer in about 3 months hoping it would stop, but they are using cellular network now. They have cloned or mirrored my devices. I also have Jammer Detector app on my phones that goes off 3 or 4 times a day when this happens.

First off, apps like "Lookout" are basically selling you a bill of goods. Lookout claims it "checks your mobile device for root detections to make sure the operating system is working properly". This is pure nonsense. Apps on iPhones are what is called "sandboxed". They can't really access any other apps and they certainly don't have access to the system software in any way that would allow them to do this. All those alerts you say you're getting are the apps way of convincing you that it's useful and you should keep paying them money. I can't speak to the trustworthiness of the app to notify you of identity theft (which is unrelated to your phone) but, given that they mislead you about one thing, it wouldn't surprise me if they misled you about something else.

Also, while there is a "Jammer Detector" app in the Google Play store, there is not one in the App Store. So, I don't know how you could have installed such an app on your iPhone.

It really sounds as if you are taking a lot of unrelated things you don't completely understand which are not terribly abnormal and have lumped them all together and decided something nefarious is going on. If you list each thing that is happening, without making any assumptions about why it's happening, people may be able to help you understand. As Phil0104 said, what you think is "jamming" can also be explained by issues with your network, something far more likely.

Nov 8, 2023 6:22 PM in response to rlframeli

rlframeli wrote:

Someone is remotely accessing my phone, internet and iPad. They have pretty much taken over both internet and cellular data. They are jamming my signals on a daily basis, my phone will loose data connection cellular and internet, which ever I am on.How do I get rid of them.

Further information on cell phone jamming:

https://www.fcc.gov/enforcement/areas/jammers

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jammer-enforcement

"CONSUMERS: A loss of or interference with service can occur for a variety of reasons. If you are experiencing problems with your service, your first course of action should be to contact your wireless provider to investigate the issue. You should also troubleshoot your equipment and connectivity issues in accordance with manufacturer and service provider recommendations. If after contacting your provider and confirming that equipment and connectivity is not the cause of the interference, and you still have reason to believe that someone is using a jammer, or you would like to report the selling, advertising, shipping, distributing, or importing of jammers, you may file a complaint or submit an inquiry through the FCC Consumer Complaint Center …". (link provided on FCC Web site)

Feb 18, 2024 9:06 PM in response to TheLittles

So I've told the same problem mine's a little bit more severe with yours I'm these exploits are called zero click exploits or one click exploits if you want to know more about them you can do a Bing chat and asked the AI to describe everything and then ask i t to elaborate at the end of topic .. I would gather as much information as the process was inside the products that you use and then you can do cve bugs or unpatched exploits for those processors or for those products they use the processors that have been hacked by these exploits for your police records

May 6, 2024 1:10 AM in response to Meldevill

Look for an SSH app on your phone, or a terminal app. Open a terminal and type “ls” (lowercase L - don’t use the quotation marks, just type the letters. See what files show up.

here is a little snippet of one of the logs (I did not run this tunnel)

*** anyone saying this is impossible is either misinformed or purposely spreading misinformation ***** people run remote ssh shells on every device known, it’s next to impossible to deal with and most people respond with judgement and suggestions that you’re a loon.

I believe you

oh also - set the log to verbose logging (it’s somewhere in the settings)

this log is very long - this isn’t even 10%

mashREPL> ls

backups log-20240419.txt log-20240428.txt

log-20240410.txt log-20240421.txt log-20240505.txt

log-20240414.txt log-20240426.txt log-20240506.txt

mashREPL> cat log-20240506.txt

2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [INFO] Thank you so much for using WebSSH 25.2.1272 on iOS 17.2.1 🙏

2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [DEBUG] Launching Data Migration...

2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [DEBUG] Checking if settings need to be migrated...

2024/05/06 00:07:40:723 [DEBUG] Data Migration Done!

2024/05/06 00:07:40:723 [DEBUG] Launch_APP_Count_25.2 : 20

2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] Launch_APP_Count : 37

2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] Launching Vacuum on the local database...

2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] 0 objects have been vacuumed

2024/05/06 00:07:40:746 [VERBOSE] Performing vacuum on old deleted iCloud objects...

May 6, 2024 6:15 AM in response to 888Charlotte888

888Charlotte888 wrote:

Look for an SSH app on your phone, or a terminal app. Open a terminal and type “ls” (lowercase L - don’t use the quotation marks, just type the letters. See what files show up.
here is a little snippet of one of the logs (I did not run this tunnel)
*** anyone saying this is impossible is either misinformed or purposely spreading misinformation ***** people run remote ssh shells on every device known, it’s next to impossible to deal with and most people respond with judgement and suggestions that you’re a loon.
I believe you

oh also - set the log to verbose logging (it’s somewhere in the settings)

this log is very long - this isn’t even 10%

mashREPL> ls
backups log-20240419.txt log-20240428.txt
log-20240410.txt log-20240421.txt log-20240505.txt
log-20240414.txt log-20240426.txt log-20240506.txt

mashREPL> cat log-20240506.txt

2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [INFO] Thank you so much for using WebSSH 25.2.1272 on iOS 17.2.1 🙏
2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [DEBUG] Launching Data Migration...
2024/05/06 00:07:40:719 [DEBUG] Checking if settings need to be migrated...
2024/05/06 00:07:40:723 [DEBUG] Data Migration Done!
2024/05/06 00:07:40:723 [DEBUG] Launch_APP_Count_25.2 : 20
2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] Launch_APP_Count : 37
2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] Launching Vacuum on the local database...
2024/05/06 00:07:40:724 [DEBUG] 0 objects have been vacuumed
2024/05/06 00:07:40:746 [VERBOSE] Performing vacuum on old deleted iCloud objects...

What is it in that list that you think indicates a remote exploit?

Someone is remotely accessing my iPhone, Internet and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.