Retrieval of deleted information

I can’t get my messages to back up. I had a 2-way authentication set up and that person locked my messages passwords apps etc. I reset the phone again to back it up and it backed up some of his messages but none of mine. How do I retrieve this info. I’ve dealt with Apple support for weeks and no one seems to be smarter than the hacker that did this. I have proof or a murder in my messages.which is why this person locked my information. I need that info before he kills me. Any help would be appreciated. I thought Apple was secure and safe until this happened. Their has to be a way to get MY messages back! Otherwise I will be forced to subpoena my Verizon records and don’t have that kind of time. Thank you yo anyone willing to help.

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 6:03 PM

Justice4Ryan Said:

"Retrieval of deleted information:"

-------

Q1. "I can’t get my messages to back up.[...]"

A1. Troubleshooting Delete Notes:

A. Visit the Following:

B. For Note:

iCloud does not Back Up Notes.

1. Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

Q2. "Also my phone was stolen. So I’ve been trying to back my data up onto a new one. Thanks again."

A2. Secure your Info:

Having been stolen, you should (A.)verify your devices, and (B.)secure your account, and (C.)report items to Apple and others, Start with opening a new eMail address to use as your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

3. Report Items to Apple and Others:

So, report phone calls' and messages' info to Apple and Authorities. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 6:03 PM in response to Justice4Ryan

Justice4Ryan Said:

"Retrieval of deleted information:"

-------

Q1. "I can’t get my messages to back up.[...]"

A1. Troubleshooting Delete Notes:

A. Visit the Following:

B. For Note:

iCloud does not Back Up Notes.

1. Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

Q2. "Also my phone was stolen. So I’ve been trying to back my data up onto a new one. Thanks again."

A2. Secure your Info:

Having been stolen, you should (A.)verify your devices, and (B.)secure your account, and (C.)report items to Apple and others, Start with opening a new eMail address to use as your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

3. Report Items to Apple and Others:

So, report phone calls' and messages' info to Apple and Authorities. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Retrieval of deleted information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.