If your phone has virus or not

how do you tell if your phone has a virus ? Can you tell without downloading and paying for unnecessary virus scanner apps ? I accidentally clicked on one of those pop ups that came up in safari that say they are your settings . I clicked on the link but did not download the app it took me too as I had learnt about this stuff in school . I searched if this popup was real and found out it was not . I’m not sure if my phone has a virus or not . I was also wondering that if my phone had a virus and I took it in to apple to get it sorted out what they would do to remove it .

Also if my phone did have a virus , why is that bad.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 8:27 AM

Your phone does not have a virus if you keep iOS up to date (currently 15.7.7 for an iPhone 6S). There are no virus scanning tools for an iPhone that actually work. Any that claim to are being untruthful.

There has never been a virus that can infect any iPhone. There have been occasionally other forms of malware and spyware, but keeping the phone updated blocks them.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 8:27 AM in response to 123_questionask3r

Your phone does not have a virus if you keep iOS up to date (currently 15.7.7 for an iPhone 6S). There are no virus scanning tools for an iPhone that actually work. Any that claim to are being untruthful.

There has never been a virus that can infect any iPhone. There have been occasionally other forms of malware and spyware, but keeping the phone updated blocks them.

If your phone has virus or not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.