Apple verification code pop-up disappears before I can press approve

This is only a problem for my iCloud (windows 11) app when trying to turn on password extension. My apple verification code pop-up disappears before I can press approve and cannot turn this feature on. Every other time I need this to work, it does, but it will not allow the password extension to activate.

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 12:05 PM

hello..

I have the same issue and it does not help.

Furthermore, I just used the two way authentication to log in to my apple account to write this message. So, it seems it is clearly an iCloud for Windows issue (without me knowing the technical details)

Can we please get this resolved?

Thank you.

Similar questions

11 replies

Jun 21, 2024 9:02 AM in response to cajunalton

In my case, I went through all of the possible suggested issues, and I solved this by checking my trusted devices. For some reason, my son's iPhone was a trusted device, and once I removed this it worked immediately on all my windows PCs. I recommend checking your trusted devices and makes sure they are not under another Apple ID.

Jun 27, 2024 8:19 AM in response to bvlich

Thank you so much for documenting your solution for this. I spent days trying to figure out why Apple verification code pop-ups were instantly disappearing when I was trying to approve iCloud for Windows passwords extension. Even Apple support were baffled (I spent a couple of hours in chat and escalated voice calls with them).

Based on your hint, I went to my Apple ID and removed my wife's iPad (my old iPad) from the list of trusted devices i.e. that iPad was being shared between her Apple ID and my Apple ID. Once I removed it from my Apple ID, the pop-ups stopped disappearing.

Phew!

Jul 8, 2023 5:16 PM in response to cajunalton

Hello cajunalton,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to approve a verification code on your PC, as it immediately disappears before you can approve it. A step we recommend to do is to restart your computer and see if you're able to approve the verification code. This is a step that can help resolve unexpected behavior.

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

May 21, 2024 9:08 AM in response to cajunalton

I have this same issue with Win 11 Pro for password verification only. Drive and photos are syncing as expected. If I choose to verify by email it seems to verify by password manager fails to receive any passwords with a spinning circle indicating it's waiting. Some security measure seems to be blocking. I suspected the PC so I used an alternate iCloud ID that I no longer use and it worked without issue. This suggest to me, it may be at the account level but all user end setting are identical.

Is there a waiting period to use this feature?

Apple verification code pop-up disappears before I can press approve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.