Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

AirPods Pro 2 no Sound with Samsung TV

Hi,

I have a new pair of Airpod Pro Gen 2 and can't get them to correctly connect to my Samsung Frame TV or other Samsung Tv's I have. They will pair correctly and I will have audio until I change say from Newtflix to Prime then I will lose the audio. The TV says that the Airpods are still connected and the control on the Airpods still work. I, after switching from Netflix to Prime and I disconnect and reconnect I'll get the sound back. If I'm watching a series that loads the next episode I will lose the connection. Also I had named my new Airpods but they show up in the Samsung bluetooth list with Find My appended to the name even though that is not in the name that I named them. My old Airpods connect and play sound flawlessly. So what's the solution to this problem? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 4:55 AM

Hundreds of people posting the same issue and you refuse to fix it. Maybe a better question is why would we trust Apple moving forward. You give us solutions that you know wont work. Pathetic.

Similar questions

31 replies

Dec 18, 2023 7:56 PM in response to Paul-NBPT

I’m having the same issue. It’s so disappointing that Apple has not rolled out an update to include this bug fix. If I would have known this would happen I would have kept the older generation. Every time I pause the TV or a new episode starts I loose sound. I spend so much time trying to reconnect my AirPods to work properly that it’s not even worth watching anymore. I use them while my husband’s sleeping so that I can watch my shows without disturbing him. I really wish that Apple would fix this issue.

Jul 11, 2023 5:57 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Matthew,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my note. I've tried what you suggested and I do have the latest firmware in my air pods. Like I said I can connect to the Samsun TV just fine and get audio after the connection for the provider but if I switch from say Netflix to Prime I lose the audio but the Samsung TV says all is well with the connection. In order to get the sound again I have to disconnect and then reconnect the air pods. It will also disconnect if the show that you're watching automatically starts the next show in the series. My old air pods don't have the problem and work perfectly as expected. My wife's "other" headphones connect flawlessly and don't exhibit any of these problems just my new air pod gen 2's. The work fine on my iPad, iPhone and laptop. I've since discovered that others have had the same problem. Hoping there is a fix out there. Disappointed that my old one's work and these don't.

Regards,

Paul

Jul 22, 2023 9:13 AM in response to TammiP

Bill,

I spent an hour on the phone going through all their trouble shooting requirements to no avail. My problem with them is not just switching between Prime and Netflix but whenever it switches between episodes whether on Prime or Netflix. I spent considerable amount of time with Samsung support. I went through all their trouble shooting suggestions to no avail. They had me check the version of software on my TV which said it was up to date. I was told there was a later version that needed to be downloaded via USB and installed manually even though my TV said it was up to date. I've downloaded the software but have not installed yet. I'll pass along what happens after I get a chance to install. I'm not having problems with any of the other Bluetooth devices that I connect to my Samsung just these new Air Pods. I've not heard anything from Apple as to a solution since this seems to be a more common problem than I first thought. I'd think that Apple might have a suggestion since their last version of their Air Pods worked seamlessly.

Jul 11, 2023 12:07 PM in response to Paul-NBPT

Hi there Paul-NBPT,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're having an issue connecting your AirPods Pro to your Samsung TV. We can help.

We recommend ensuring the firmware of the AirPods Pro is up-to-date. Do you have an "iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 16 or later; an iPad with iPadOS 16.1 or later; an Apple Watch with watchOS 9 or later; an Apple TV with tvOS 16 or later; or a Mac with macOS Ventura."? This is needed to update the firmware:

Under "Software requirements" of the article you linked from: If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

Other than that, we recommend following the steps in the Apple Support article here: Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

That should help. Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Nov 24, 2023 4:51 PM in response to gerardo8a

I’m having a similar issue, if I factory reset the airpod pros they work. Until my iphone connects, then they show as connected, but no sound. Even if I turn my phone off , still no sound. I even get an audible tone through them to say they are connected, but no sound. My wifes gen 3’s work fine. If I perform the reset again, they work!!!

Jul 11, 2023 7:21 PM in response to Bill_T1

Bill,

Thanks for the advice. I also checked that I had the latest version of their software running and I do. I'm thinking that this is probably one of those problems that requires a discussion between Apple & Samsung to find the common issue. As I said my last gen air pods work flawlessly and my wife's "other brand" headphones work flawlessly. I'll post back with what/if I find out anything from Samsung after I call them tomorrow. Thanks for the advice and I'll see what Samsung has to say.

Paul

Dec 8, 2023 6:37 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Ok. I’m having same exact issue. My iPod pro2 are great, but with new Samsung tv today they connect and pair easily but will not produce audio. I’ve checked every setting to ensure no other issues. The settings show good pairing and audio switches seamlessly to AirPods… but no sound. Very frustrating and old issue that we need help from Apple to explain.

AirPods Pro 2 no Sound with Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.