Why can’t I erase my iphone when it’s unavailable?

my iPhones is unavailable, but there isn’t any countdown. There’s no way to erase the iphone, either. It just says iPhone unavailable. I also can’t find my iPhone on the find my app, which might be due to it being unavailable for over 3 months.. but I also can’t use that computer app to unlock/erase my iPhone. How do I unlock my iPhone??

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 6:24 PM

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 6:24 PM in response to anonymousappleperson

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Why can’t I erase my iphone when it’s unavailable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.