Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Voice Memos and Notes during Erase all Content and Settings.

Hi there. I have to "Erase all content and settings" to sell my phone, but can't see anywhere that this also deletes voice memos and notes. I have gone through and manually deleted them (including deleting them from the "deleted" folders), but I just want to ensure that after the "Erase all content and settings" has been pushed, they can not be recovered at all. From reading online I can see that photos, messages, credit card data etc., all gets deleted, but can see no mention of voice memos and notes. I want to ensure they are entirely deleted and not (at all) recoverable. Thank you.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 5:13 PM

It erases everything: Erase iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

4 replies

Jul 18, 2023 11:19 PM in response to picas

Thank you for this prompt reply. And just to confirm, once my iphone is at the "hello" screen, I have been successful in deleting everything? That's a kind of confirmation/reassurance it is wiped, yes?

Apologies and thank you for being patient. This is my first iphone and I have found this quite a nervous experience to ensure I clear it all.

Voice Memos and Notes during Erase all Content and Settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.