Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unable to connect my 5 series apple watch to iphone

my 5 series apple watch was reset recently, when trying to pair it with any iphone, I open the Watch App start the steps and then asked me to update the software, which I did and downloaded the new watchOS, then install and put the watch on charger, then popup message unable to verity connect to the internet ( already the iphone is connected)

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 12:45 AM

Start by reading this article

If you see “Unable to Verify Update” when updating Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Also  check you have no other sports watches like Fitbit that are paired to your iPhone  

Then force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the watch is restarting Force Restart the iphone  

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support 

Then in the iphone, Settings, General, Transfer or reset iphone, Reset, Reset network settings

Then reconnect the iPhone to Wi-Fi.

Make sure you have no VPN or VPN based adblocker in the iphone in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management.

Then, if you have a home router, tun it off and turn it on again. 

Try again to pair the Watch. 

If still unsolved I recommend reviewing the steps in the articles below 

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support  

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 12:45 AM in response to layth34

Start by reading this article

If you see “Unable to Verify Update” when updating Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Also  check you have no other sports watches like Fitbit that are paired to your iPhone  

Then force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the watch is restarting Force Restart the iphone  

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support 

Then in the iphone, Settings, General, Transfer or reset iphone, Reset, Reset network settings

Then reconnect the iPhone to Wi-Fi.

Make sure you have no VPN or VPN based adblocker in the iphone in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management.

Then, if you have a home router, tun it off and turn it on again. 

Try again to pair the Watch. 

If still unsolved I recommend reviewing the steps in the articles below 

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support  

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

Unable to connect my 5 series apple watch to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.