REMINDERS in Mojave and High Sierra once i upgraded iOS?

can anyone explain to me what this link is trying to tell me?

i literally just finished figuring out that i had to remove all hashtag symbols from my notes while on my laptop using Mojave since upgrading to Mojave prevented me from seeing those notes with the hashtag symbol on my desktop running High Sierra. i think it took me four months to figure this out because it is not explained in any tech bulletin.

does anyone know what this link is saying? my phone upgraded an iOS so now i can't see any reminders on my laptop or desktop running Mojave and High Sierra respectively?

what are the workarounds?

i have to use Reminders on the cloud when using my computers?

Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later - Apple Support

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 5:18 PM

Unfortunately, the article is quite clear:

Upgraded reminders aren't compatible with earlier versions of iOS and macOS. If you upgrade your reminders on your iPhone with iOS 13 or later, your other devices — like your iPad and Mac — can’t access the reminders until you update your iPad to iPadOS or your Mac to macOS 10.15 Catalina.

The is no known way to revert the Reminder upgrade. If you can't upgrade your two Macs to macOS Catalina or later, you'll need to access your reminders through iCloud.com.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 5:18 PM in response to hotwheels22

Unfortunately, the article is quite clear:

Upgraded reminders aren't compatible with earlier versions of iOS and macOS. If you upgrade your reminders on your iPhone with iOS 13 or later, your other devices — like your iPad and Mac — can’t access the reminders until you update your iPad to iPadOS or your Mac to macOS 10.15 Catalina.

The is no known way to revert the Reminder upgrade. If you can't upgrade your two Macs to macOS Catalina or later, you'll need to access your reminders through iCloud.com.

Jul 21, 2023 6:16 AM in response to hotwheels22

Yes, this is what I mean. The same article you mentioned states:

When you open the app, a Welcome to Reminders screen gives you the options to upgrade now or upgrade later. Reminders will also tell you if you have shared Reminders lists that will be affected, or other devices that also need to be upgraded.

Tap Upgrade Now to begin the process. If you tap Upgrade Later, the app's main screen appears and shows a blue Upgrade button above your lists. Tap it when you're ready to upgrade your reminders.

Jul 20, 2023 6:06 PM in response to hotwheels22

Yes, the last one in mind was for the new Apple Home architecture (the Home app on iPhones and recents Macs). Once you committed to the new architecture, your other devices had to have a minimum OS requirements.

Just like the Reminders upgrade, you had to agree to the new Apple Home architecture. In the future, if prompted to agree to a new architecture/data format etc., wait a while and do some web searches to see if other users have issues with the new features.

Jul 20, 2023 6:18 PM in response to hotwheels22

Well, not exactly: after an iOS or macOS update, you'd be prompted to upgrade the architecture/data format when first using the app (Reminders or Home) after the OS upgrade. You can choose to decline until you are sure all your devices are perfectly compatible.

That being said, some users choose not to upgrade iOS or macOS automatically and wait to see if those OS's have any intrinsic issues (not related to new architecture/data format in apps).

REMINDERS in Mojave and High Sierra once i upgraded iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.