I received a FaceTime call. I thought I was answering a phone call. When I started talking I saw my other party in a picture! I looked again and there was a picture of me as well! How can someone call me and without my knowledge show a picture of me?

I received a FaceTime call. I thought I was answering a phone call. When I started talking I saw my other party in a picture! I looked again and there was a picture of me as well! How can someone call me and without my knowledge show a picture of me on my phone on their phone? This seems extremely intrusive when I didn’t know I was on a FaceTime call…

iPhone (4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 9:00 PM

buscari180 wrote:

Are you verifying my question? Or, am I missing something?

You received a FaceTime call, and answered it. If you do that, you will join a video call.

If you don’t want to be on a FaceTime call, don’t answer a FaceTime call.

Here is how to: Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPhone - Apple Support

To disable FaceTime calls, switch off FaceTime:

Settings > FaceTime > FaceTime [off]

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 9:00 PM in response to buscari180

buscari180 wrote:

Are you verifying my question? Or, am I missing something?

You received a FaceTime call, and answered it. If you do that, you will join a video call.

If you don’t want to be on a FaceTime call, don’t answer a FaceTime call.

Here is how to: Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPhone - Apple Support

To disable FaceTime calls, switch off FaceTime:

Settings > FaceTime > FaceTime [off]

I received a FaceTime call. I thought I was answering a phone call. When I started talking I saw my other party in a picture! I looked again and there was a picture of me as well! How can someone call me and without my knowledge show a picture of me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.