Facebook Messenger problems

I just bought a 2023 Macbook Pro that arrived yesterday and downloaded the newest version of FB messenger and it won't load. It gets stuck on the "welcome to facebook messenger" page and never loads.

Messenger works on my iMac (same version and on both ipads. How can I get it to work on my new Macbook Pro? This is what it is stuck at: Thank you, Martha

Martha’s MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 2:50 PM

Hi, I called Apple and they helped me fix the problem. I had the display on large so we changed it to normal, used my mouse to shrink it, then when going back to large, I was able to log in and open it.

Thanks.

7 replies

Jul 26, 2023 11:12 AM in response to mpoinar

mpoinar wrote:

I just bought a 2023 Macbook Pro that arrived yesterday and downloaded the newest version of FB messenger and it won't load. It gets stuck on the "welcome to facebook messenger" page and never loads.
Messenger works on my iMac (same version and on both ipads. How can I get it to work on my new Macbook Pro? This is what it is stuck at: Thank you, Martha
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/6907069b-1847-4f41-b012-d3f788d71236

Just a guess... have you set it up?

Messenger>Settings typically the Command , will open the Settings

For your third party app

if in doubt— search the developers website or contact their: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/updates

https://www.facebook.com/help/messenger-app/345021679200618

Oct 25, 2023 4:02 PM in response to looseleaves1205

Yes I can.

I had my display resolution set at 1024 x 640. You have to open your settings and look for display settings.

Once you have found the display setting:

Change the resolution to: 1280 x 800, then open FB messenger again. On the bottom it says to log in through FB which I did. I had my resolution set on the largest so I was unable to see the "log in through FB" at the bottom of the Messenger window.

After I did that, I went back to the 1024 x 640 and the problem was solved and I was back to the nice large displays.

I hope that helps! Martha

Facebook Messenger problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.