My daughters phone is disabled and doesn’t remember the password. Will someone at the Apple Retail Store help if I went to one?

My daughter has an iPhone and she can’t get into her phone. If she tries using the password again and it doesn’t work, we will be completely locked out. I don’t know how she forgot it but she doesn’t remember her iCloud password or Apple ID password. She’s very forgetful. I don’t know what to do. We tried lots of things but they haven’t helped. What do I do?

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 6:58 AM

If you forgot the passcode you will have to put the phone in recovery mode. This article should help :) If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also if you forgot your Apple ID password you can try to reset it on a borrowed device with the Apple support app as well if your not able to do that then you might need to put the account in account recovery at I forgot.Apple.com Apple support can’t help you shorten the wait time and you will need to know the trusted phone number that’s associated with the account before you start account recovery otherwise you won’t be able to start the process here is also another article for youIf you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

hope this helps as well

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 6:58 AM in response to amyw999

If you forgot the passcode you will have to put the phone in recovery mode. This article should help :) If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also if you forgot your Apple ID password you can try to reset it on a borrowed device with the Apple support app as well if your not able to do that then you might need to put the account in account recovery at I forgot.Apple.com Apple support can’t help you shorten the wait time and you will need to know the trusted phone number that’s associated with the account before you start account recovery otherwise you won’t be able to start the process here is also another article for youIf you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

hope this helps as well

Jul 28, 2023 7:06 AM in response to amyw999

The phone will need to be completely erased, but can be restored if there is a backup. You will need to get the Apple ID Password by using one of the steps in this support article and is simple if your phone has been listed as a Trusted Device or has your phone as a Trusted Phone Number.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

With the Apple ID Password, you can reset the Passcode used to login without using a computer, by following this:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If you are unable to reset the Passcode by following that article, then you will need to use a computer, to reset the passcode:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you do not have a computer available, you can get assistance from Apple and they may be able to help with the process. They will not be able to reset the device without erasing it and will not be able to recover the forgotten password without following those steps. They are helpful and may be worth a visit, but there are no shortcuts and something you can do yourself.

Jul 28, 2023 7:10 AM in response to amyw999

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

My daughters phone is disabled and doesn’t remember the password. Will someone at the Apple Retail Store help if I went to one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.