Im using my MacBook from 5 months and within 5 months my MacBook Air m1 battery health is degraded to the 95% with 63 cycles of battery. What is the reason for it and Did I need to change the battery?

my MacBook battery health is degraded to 95% with in 5 months of purchased time, even I followed the charging tips of charging the MacBook from 20% to 80%. I just charged the 63 cycles and battery is degraded to the 95 %. What Is the solution for it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 5:39 AM

Batteries age at different rates; 95% is still very good and could stay there for months as degradation is not linear.

Cycle count doesn't really have any bearing on battery health, batteries are designed to be charged, used and recharged.

There is no solution; there is no problem. When the remaining capacity gets to 80% Apple says replace it to maintain optimum performance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 5:39 AM in response to pulijala

Batteries age at different rates; 95% is still very good and could stay there for months as degradation is not linear.

Cycle count doesn't really have any bearing on battery health, batteries are designed to be charged, used and recharged.

There is no solution; there is no problem. When the remaining capacity gets to 80% Apple says replace it to maintain optimum performance.

Im using my MacBook from 5 months and within 5 months my MacBook Air m1 battery health is degraded to the 95% with 63 cycles of battery. What is the reason for it and Did I need to change the battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.