Erase & rebuild

I’m looking to clear my iphone & ipad for the purpose of rebuilding the software.

I realize my settings will need to be added/corrected after the iphone/ipad erasure.

What I don’t want to lose are my Apple Library, and other settings that are icloud related.

When I reconnect the Apple account, will my data be available to download with my AppleID? What’s the best way to proceed?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:56 AM

Completely erasing/resetting you iPad will do just that - in that the iPad will be fully reset. Any data, photos and documents that are stored in iCloud will be unaffected by a device reset. Be aware that manual deletion of files from your iPad may be replicated to iCloud - which is perhaps something that you wish to avoid.

If you wish to fully reset the iPad - and set-up again from scratch - following this process would be the thorough method of reseting the iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

In following this procedure, no data stored in iCloud will be impacted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 7:56 AM in response to Tarik2nu

Completely erasing/resetting you iPad will do just that - in that the iPad will be fully reset. Any data, photos and documents that are stored in iCloud will be unaffected by a device reset. Be aware that manual deletion of files from your iPad may be replicated to iCloud - which is perhaps something that you wish to avoid.

If you wish to fully reset the iPad - and set-up again from scratch - following this process would be the thorough method of reseting the iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

In following this procedure, no data stored in iCloud will be impacted.

Erase & rebuild

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.