My phone is set to reject unknown callers, but why did the number come through?

My phone is set to reject unknown callers. However, an unknown number that I had also blocked came through and rang on my phone. My IOS is 16.6. Why were the functions by-passed?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:38 PM

NRW1000 Said:

"My phone is set to reject unknown callers. However, an unknown number that I had also blocked came through and rang on my phone. My IOS is 16.6. Why were the functions by-passed?"

-------

Troubleshooting Rejecting Unknown Callers:

A. View Contacts Search Bar:

Go into the Contacts app and type the number in the top. If it pops up, then it is assigned as a contact. So, black the contact.

B. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers, and lets you add number to the block list. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community. Get it Right in the App Store: Malwarebytes - Mobile Security - App Store

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 4:38 PM in response to NRW1000

NRW1000 Said:

"My phone is set to reject unknown callers. However, an unknown number that I had also blocked came through and rang on my phone. My IOS is 16.6. Why were the functions by-passed?"

-------

Troubleshooting Rejecting Unknown Callers:

A. View Contacts Search Bar:

Go into the Contacts app and type the number in the top. If it pops up, then it is assigned as a contact. So, black the contact.

B. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers, and lets you add number to the block list. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community. Get it Right in the App Store: Malwarebytes - Mobile Security - App Store

Aug 10, 2023 5:04 PM in response to NRW1000

NRW1000 Said:

"Thank you for your fixes. I was un aware about Malwarebytes."

-------

You are most welcome. It is lovely software.

Scan your Mac for Malware: Malicious Software:

Malware is malicious software that makes your device act in a mislead-manor. Malwarebytes can be used on a Mac, even: Download it Here: MalwareBytes for Mac. Then update MalwareBytes for Mac and run it.

My phone is set to reject unknown callers, but why did the number come through?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.