Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My card can’t be added on my Apple Wallet

Since I got my new Iphone, this message pops up when I try to add my card to my apple wallet.

These cards are available to use in apple wallet, like i did whit my last Iphone. Please, may someone help me?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 9:00 PM

I’m having the same issue. I can add cards to my watch but not my phone. Have you found a resolution? Apple blames the bank. The banks blame Apple.

107 replies

Jan 19, 2024 3:56 AM in response to exarlos

I'm having the same issue... Tried it with different cards from different issuers but I keep getting the same error message. I could add these on my old iphone 6 but not on my iphone 14. I have been on the phone with apple support already 3 times and they have checked all possible setting issues, erased the phone and installed new software via itunes etc. but nothing seemed to work. If you found a solution I am keen to try to get this solved finally.

Aug 11, 2023 1:42 PM in response to exarlos

If you're receiving an error when trying to add a card to Apple Pay stating "Card not added. Contact issuer for more information", here are a few steps and considerations you can follow to potentially resolve the issue:

Check Compatibility:

• Ensure that your bank or card issuer supports Apple Pay. Not all banks or card issuers are compatible with Apple Pay.
    • Make sure your device is compatible with Apple Pay. For instance, older iPhone models do not support Apple Pay.

Verify Card Details:

• Double-check to ensure that you're entering all the card details correctly, including the card number, expiration date, and CVV.

Internet Connection:

• Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection, either via Wi-Fi or cellular data.

Update Your Device:

• Ensure that your iOS device is running the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, updating can resolve compatibility or software-related issues.

Restart Your Device:

• Try restarting your iPhone or iPad and then attempt to add the card again.

Check Restrictions:

• Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Make sure that the "Adding Cards" feature under "Allow Changes" is not restricted.

Contact Your Card Issuer:

• The error message suggests contacting your card issuer. This is because sometimes there might be security restrictions or other issues from the bank's end that prevent the card from being added to Apple Pay. They might provide specific guidance or take necessary actions on their end.

Reset Network Settings:

• Sometimes, resetting network settings can help. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. (Note: This will erase all your Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings on your device.)

Contact Apple Support:

• If none of the above solutions work, it might be a good idea to reach out to Apple Support. They might provide more specific guidance based on any recent issues or updates.

Remember, the key is to be patient and methodical when troubleshooting.

Dec 26, 2023 11:46 AM in response to sfsuscholar

I’m having the same issue 14pro. Cannot add my Apple Card to my wallet. It’s on my iPad and watch! Tried all the above steps. Up to date in everything. Says check Apple Pay services. Online status is everything is running. I only use it on my watch really anyway. It was working a month ago just fine. Didn’t touch anything. Hopefully a bug?

Jan 15, 2024 11:15 AM in response to exarlos

Me too, I phoned the bank but they told me there isn’t an issue with the bank card and told me to contact Apple. After 30mins on the phone to Apple without any success they told me to call my mobile network provider. I contacted them but there are no issues there. I phoned my bank again and they told me to ring Visa, I rang them but they don’t deal with Apple Pay. So now I’m guessing it’s a glitch with Apple Pay. I can add my card on the iPad but not my iPhone. This saga has been going on for 6 months and I’ve just about given up now!!

Mar 1, 2024 7:30 AM in response to exarlos

I’VE JUST SOLVED THIS FOR MY CARD. My mastercard expired and was renewed. The card didn’t automatically update in Apple Wallet and I had a notification to add new card details. When I tried (felt like several hundred times 😂) I had the “cannot add card” message. I spent the entire morning trying to sort it, reading posts like these with no luck. The I spoke to my card provider’s digital wallet team (who knew there was such a thing?) who solved it within 5 minutes. The problem (in my case) was that there were too many “devices” linked to my card so when I tried to put it onto Apple Wallet it was bounced. Turns out “devices” aren’t physical devices like phones and ipads but are “tokens” which are used by retailers when you input your card details and they make a request to the card provoder to keep your card details. Not every retailer you make transactions with counts as a “token” and there is no way of knowing which do and which don’t. My tokens included Amazon, Ocado, Trainline, Uber, Netflix but not Spotify, Waitrose, TfL so there’s no logic to it. You are only permitted 9 tokens in total and Apple Pay is one of them. The digital wallet team at my bank went through all my tokens with me and deleted those I no longer need. Now my mastercard is in my Apple Wallet 🥳. So if you have the same problem (clue is that other cards are accepted) try calling your bank’s digital wallet team and ask them to look at “tokens”. It worked for me - hope it works for you too. I only spent a few hours trying to sort it but nearly lost the will to live.

My card can’t be added on my Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.