Right-Click Button Freezes After Exiting Sleep Mode.

My problem seems related to the previous (closed) thread here - Mousepad and mouse freezes after sleeping… - Apple Community

Problem:

• MacOS enters Sleep Mode due to inactivity.
  • I exit the Sleep Mode
  • I found that I am unable to use Left-Click on my mouse, as the Right-Click is 'stuck' constantly.
  • Only option is to shutdown/restart.

Using MacMini M1.

MacOS - Ventura 15.3

I have tried:

• Resetting the SMC
  • Booting into Safe Mode

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:22 AM

12 replies

Aug 13, 2023 2:37 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

My problem seems related to the previous (closed) thread here - Mousepad and mouse freezes after sleeping… - Apple Community

Although your link above, seems related to your question.

It is unclear if that person using a M1 MacBook Air was using the Builtin Trackpad or an external Mouse

Problem:
MacOS enters Sleep Mode due to inactivity.
• I exit the Sleep Mode
• I found that I am unable to use Left-Click on my mouse, as the Right-Click is 'stuck' constantly.
• Only option is to shutdown/restart.
Using MacMini M1.
MacOS - Ventura 15.3

As this machine Does Not have a Builtin Mouse or Trackpad it begs the question exactly what device is behaving this way and causing this computer issue ?

Perhaps a typo which does happen from time to time " MacOS - Ventura 15.3 "

The current version of Ventura is now 13.5

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5 - Apple Support (CA)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

I have tried:
Resetting the SMC
• Booting into Safe Mode

Lastly, the Apple Silicon computer does not have a System Management Controller ( SMC )

The closed one can get to performing an SMC reset on Apple Silicon computer is to Shutdown and pause about 10 - 15 Seconds and then restart the computer

Aug 13, 2023 3:03 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

Hi.
Sorry, MacOS 13.5 1. of course.

No, Third-party USB Mouse.
2. Connected through the USB hub on my DELL monitor.
I have an Apple TrackPad also, but connecting this after, only replicates the issue (right-click only works).

That would be a good place to start and try using another USB Mouse Directly connected to the Computer

Aug 13, 2023 3:03 AM in response to D M K

D M K wrote:

Hi.
Sorry, MacOS 13.5 1. of course.

No, Third-party USB Mouse.
2. Connected through the USB hub on my DELL monitor.
I have an Apple TrackPad also, but connecting this after, only replicates the issue (right-click only works).

In that case the first thing I would try is connecting the mouse directly into your Mac mini if you can't connect it using Bluetooth.

Right-Click Button Freezes After Exiting Sleep Mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.