Importing audio files to Apple Music

Hi,

When I import audio files without metadata I'd like them stored in a logical folder structure so I can find them easily. However, Apple Music moves places the files into the Unknown Artist and Unknown Album folder which is now a mass of files.

Is there anyway to manually add files to a folder, import to Apple Music and the files remain in the folder I placed them in?

Thanks

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 6:39 PM

Is there anyway to manually add files to a folder, import to Apple Music and the files remain in the folder I placed them in?

LB Tech,

Yes. In Music Preferences on the Files tab, make sure that "Keep..." and "Copy..." are both not checked (ticked). Then for any song you add to your library, the file will stay right where you already put it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 6:39 PM in response to LB_tech

LB Tech,

Yes. In Music Preferences on the Files tab, make sure that "Keep..." and "Copy..." are both not checked (ticked). Then for any song you add to your library, the file will stay right where you already put it.

Importing audio files to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.