Trouble with Hacker

I’ve had a hacker that’s been terrorizing me. This person destroyed two of my Android phones and an Android tablet through this OMACP. So, I purchased an iPhone XS Max from Amazon but I messed up and put the SIM card from the Android phones inside the iPhone. Ever since then this person would do things to the apps that I use daily. So, I took that SIM card out and had a new one sent to me. But this person now sets off the battery port every second, so I placed the phone on silent. But, now it buzzes every friggin second as well which is so annoying. They also have made the phone so hot and unable to charge at the same time. Does anyone know how to stop this person?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 1:59 PM

jcrockoo7 wrote:

When this person is really active at attacking me. It will stay at whatever level and not go up and then start overheating with the screen dimming.

Again, this reeks of battery wear. If the battery health on this iPhone XS Pro Max is 80% or lower, that means this iPhone is headed for some typical (and non-malicious) battery wear-related issues, and for battery replacement.

Here is more information about: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 1:59 PM in response to jcrockoo7

jcrockoo7 wrote:

When this person is really active at attacking me. It will stay at whatever level and not go up and then start overheating with the screen dimming.

Again, this reeks of battery wear. If the battery health on this iPhone XS Pro Max is 80% or lower, that means this iPhone is headed for some typical (and non-malicious) battery wear-related issues, and for battery replacement.

Here is more information about: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

As long as your phone is not jailbroken you do not need to worry about a remote hacker on an iPhone. It does appear you are dealing with a failing battery that is causing the inability to charge and excessive heat. Have you checked the Battery Health from MrHoffman's post? In this case, service would be required to replace your battery at Apple or authorized Apple service center.

Using the SIM card from your Android phone will not cause the problems you are seeing and is not a way for hackers to remotely control your phone. You may be referring to the unlikely SIM swap/cloning, which requires collusion with a person working for your cell provider. This only transfers your phone number to another device based on its IMEI number and is used to bypass two-factor authentication and intercept phone calls. Your device will no longer be able to make calls since the SIM card can only be linked to one devices IMEI number and in no way allows someone to remotely hack your phone.

jcrockoo7 wrote:

I’ve had a hacker that’s been terrorizing me. This person destroyed two of my Android phones and an Android tablet through this OMACP. So, I purchased an iPhone XS Max from Amazon but I messed up and put the SIM card from the Android phones inside the iPhone. Ever since then this person would do things to the apps that I use daily. So, I took that SIM card out and had a new one sent to me. But this person now sets off the battery port every second, so I placed the phone on silent. But, now it buzzes every friggin second as well which is so annoying. They also have made the phone so hot and unable to charge at the same time. Does anyone know how to stop this person?

You are either the target of criminal activities equipped with multi-million dollar espionage-level exploitation tools and that also purportedly with carrier access, which means you are best assisted by police and legal advice, and with security advice light years past the advice that can be available around here (as it will require detailed consideration of your specific situation and requirements), and this mess will have been ongoing for a year or more given the list of phones and which means you have undoubtedly already received available and acted upon advice and suggestions from previous research and discussions, including suggestions around digital forensics.

Or maybe you’re getting lied to (“gaslit”) by somebody you trust.

Or none of this immediate issue with your iPhone XS Pro Max is malicious, none of this is related to malicious activities, and you have a mundane case of a bad battery or other hardware problem.

Is iPhone vulnerable to the sorts of exploits used in espionage tools? Sure. Those exploits cost one to two million dollars, each, give or take. And just as soon as you are targeted by those, you are far outside of the sort of help that can be offered here. And if you’re getting gaslit by somebody trusted, that’s for you to ponder.

Or you have a degraded battery, or some other equally benign hardware issue.

If the battery health is around 80%, or lower, you will want to get that battery looked at, and quite possibly replaced.

Trouble with Hacker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.