Collections as Home Screen & Photo as Lock Screen!

It is true that you can make the Lock Screen and Home Screen different but the choices you have for Wallpaper options for the Lock Screen are extensive. There are options Apple gives you plus you can use one of your own photos. For the Home Screen customization you get the options of original, color, gradient, photos, or Blur. That is it. I don’t want any of these choices. I want to use one of the Apple provided wallpapers that I saw as an option for the Lock Screen. Specifically the one called multicolor under the heading Color in the Collections. The only way I can figure out how to use it for my Home Screen is to use it for my Lock Screen and tell it to set as a pair. But I don’t want that wallpaper for my Lock Screen too. I want to use a photo for my Lock Screen. Do you understand my dilemma? Is there a way to get an Apple provided wallpaper on your Home Screen but not on your Lock Screen?

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 12:26 AM

Based on what I understood from your post I can outright say that you have not tried all the options.

See the two pics below where you get different options based on what your Lock Screen Wallpaper was initially set to.

Option 1

Option 2

Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
  2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 12:26 AM in response to Chani588

Based on what I understood from your post I can outright say that you have not tried all the options.

See the two pics below where you get different options based on what your Lock Screen Wallpaper was initially set to.

Option 1

Option 2

Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
  2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Collections as Home Screen & Photo as Lock Screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.