Apple Pay - deleted card returns when app is used

I haven't found this exact problem in the forums. I have not been able to use Apple Pay at a POS since I deleted my expired card. I replaced it with Paypal and the new method is the only one that shows in my account. But when I tap my phone on a reader, the phone displays a picture of the old deleted card and the sale is declined. If my phone is asleep and I wake it with a double click on the home button, the picture of the old card appears. My account on all linked devices and icloud show only the new, correct payment method, not the deleted one. There is no problem with Paypal. I used it a few minutes prior to typing this query. Also I tried adding another, valid card but the same problem happens so I removed that card because I don't want to use it anyway. I have powered down and re-started the phone. How can I get Apple Pay working again? Just to reiterate, Paypal is NOT the problem. It does this even with a valid card that I use regularly as the payment method.

The first photo confirms that Paypal is the only payment method. The second photo shows the persistent removed card that appears when I try to use Apple Pay.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 8:17 AM

You’re looking at two different services. You entered the PayPay card in your Apple Account. The Barclays card is entered in Apple Pay. Two different services.

PayPay does not support Apple Pay because they have a competing service.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Pay - deleted card returns when app is used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.