IPhoto

I want to import some photos into IPhoto on mac for review. I don't want to keep them on my computer or take up space once I've deleted them from IPhoto. Is that possible

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 8:31 PM

Assuming you meant the current "Photos" application rather than the discontinued "iPhoto" application, sure. You can import photos, look at them for a while, then delete them. By default, Photos will keep them around for an extra thirty days in case you change your mind and want to recover them, but you can cut that time by also deleting the retained copy.

If all you want to do is review some photos, you may not have to import them into the Photos library in the first place. You may be able to browse them with Finder or Preview if they are on an accessible device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 8:31 PM in response to dcw3092

Assuming you meant the current "Photos" application rather than the discontinued "iPhoto" application, sure. You can import photos, look at them for a while, then delete them. By default, Photos will keep them around for an extra thirty days in case you change your mind and want to recover them, but you can cut that time by also deleting the retained copy.

If all you want to do is review some photos, you may not have to import them into the Photos library in the first place. You may be able to browse them with Finder or Preview if they are on an accessible device.

IPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.