Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My iphone 14 battery health lowered down to 97% in 2 months

I bought the phone which was brand new and had 100%battery health.

But after 2months i checked and noticed that the battery health became 97%.

I google about it and it was supposed to be only 99% in the first 6months of use.

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2024 5:51 PM

My 14 Pro Max down to 93% after 6 months.

My previous iPhone X had 89% after 3 years.

Something isn’t right.

21 replies

Sep 17, 2023 7:58 AM in response to Kurtosis12

I had a iphone7 and in that the battery aging issue started after 1 year,

today in iPhone 14 it’s showing me battery health as 97% in just 2 months.

I am not asking to break physics but to give a product which has got good battery life.

With new merging technologies I think apple should rethink about there battery aging factor and with years to come it should not happen that users have to replace their iPhone battery after a month…

Sep 17, 2023 7:48 AM in response to ryaaannn

ryaaannn wrote:

I google about it and it was supposed to be only 99% in the first 6months of use.

I google about "is the earth flat" and I get over 500,000 responses.

Go look up Sturgeon’s Law. But Theodore Sturgeon died before the internet; his claim that "95% of everything is garbage" must be updated to “99%, if the internet is involved."

Aug 22, 2023 11:55 AM in response to ryaaannn

ryaaannn wrote:

I googled “flat earth” and got 866 million hits. Just because you find something on the internet doesn’t mean it’s true. In fact, probably 99% of what you find on the internet is untrue. The venerable Sturgeon’s Law says that 95% of everything is garbage; Theodore Sturgeon lived before the advent of the internet; I’m sure he would have upped his law to 99% if he had ever used the internet.

May 7, 2024 9:19 PM in response to ryaaannn

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 📖

Aug 22, 2023 11:36 AM in response to ryaaannn

"I google about it and it was supposed to be only 99% in the first 6months of use."

That is incorrect, after 6 months it should be approximately 94%

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone. This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Sep 17, 2023 8:02 AM in response to abhilekh988

A battery is a chemical device, and chemistry is generally pretty variable and uncertain, as well as being analog, not digital. Apple specs the battery capacity to remain above 80% for 500 full charge cycles, but that is a minimum requirement; there is no published maximum expected capacity. So sometimes batteries will perform much better than that minimum specification, and sometimes the change in maximum capacity won't be linear. There is no way to predict in advance what the real-life performance of any specific battery will be.

All iPhones have a specification for the battery. As an example, for the iPhone 14 Pro that is 3200 milliampere-hours (MaH). So the battery monitor is calibrated for 100% at that value. But there are variations in manufacturing, so some batteries will have less capacity, and some will have more. Suppose your battery had, say, 3520 MaH capacity (10% over standard). That would still show as 100% (even though it was actually 110%), but as it aged the health would stay at 100% until it fell below 3200 MaH. This would appear to you as if the battery had fabulous life, until suddenly it didn’t.

If you have a Mac you can install the free app Coconut Battery. It will show the actual percentage, even if it is over 100%.

Mar 11, 2024 2:05 PM in response to maroua52

What did Apple Service say when you took the phone in to them to let them run checks and tests on the phone?

At the current rate, the phone will be at 86% in another 4 months and down to about 80% another 3-4 months after that.

If the phone is down to 80% in 12 months or less from your purchase date, you get a free battery from Apple Service.

Sep 17, 2023 7:52 AM in response to abhilekh988

abhilekh988 wrote:

Same here battery is aging out faster
its sad apple has not yet worked on battery aging issue.

It’s sadder that even though batteries have been around for over 200 years, and the Lithium Ion batteries used in all electronics today have been around for over 40 years, people still don’t understand that all batteries wear out with use. Which explains why over half the floor space in any auto supply store is taken up with replacement car batteries.

My iphone 14 battery health lowered down to 97% in 2 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.