Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac mail not showing attachments consistently.

I've used Mac Mail for 14 or so years, and it is only recently, in 2023, since this problem has developed. Not always, but often, I get sent an attachment and you don't see any indication that it is there unless you run your cursor over it. This means you need to go looking for it on each email. Ventura 13.4, 2021 iMac Intel 8 core.

The canned "how to work with attachments" response from Apple is NOT helpful. I've also had a few emails I was copied on not find their way to me. I had someone forward one to me I missed, sure enough a search showed I never received it.

FIX MAC MAIL. We need to take it for granted again.

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 5:36 AM

As of today, the current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes and security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Also, since this is a user to user community, you might want to share your bug reports and request for features directly to Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

Mac mail not showing attachments consistently.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.