Apple "Contacts" app keeps freezing

I cannot remember when this started, but it was definitely before Ventura, but the Contacts app is possibly the worst app in the macOS ecosystem. It freezes literally within minutes every single time I open it and if I do manage to make a change, it will freeze during that action and all those changes are lost.

I know there are many third-party alternatives out there, but WHY is this arguably one of Apple's worst apps ever? I've seen this question from a member regarding Ventura and a response from a seemingly helpful community member, that has basically copy/pasted Apple's own help docs… which frankly, is not help at all.

Surely I'm not the only one with this poor experience? 🫤

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 3:08 AM

There are those who choose the Associate Contact application to iCloud for their source and have no issues affecting changes on the Contacts application

Them there are those who choose to Associate the Contact application to a Third Party source like Google and have many issues while others do not.

Not knowing what type of a configuration this computer is using - it may help if more reliable / detailed information is provided.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 3:08 AM in response to Nikolas Zane

There are those who choose the Associate Contact application to iCloud for their source and have no issues affecting changes on the Contacts application

Them there are those who choose to Associate the Contact application to a Third Party source like Google and have many issues while others do not.

Not knowing what type of a configuration this computer is using - it may help if more reliable / detailed information is provided.

Apple "Contacts" app keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.