Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

During Snapchat and Audio Calls, system volume is overrode by Call Volume

I occasionally watch videos on my phone during calls. Maybe my friend will send me a trailer to watch while I’m talking to them. However, I can’t even hear it above the audio of the call. It’s like what Skype used to do when you would call someone. It’s almost as if Snapchat and the Phone app (likely even FaceTime too) have a code that overrides background audio to favor the call volume. I know this isn’t just related to me as this has been an ongoing problem…has anybody found a solution? Or has there been an update that has fixed this.

also, turning the volume up on my phone while turning up the background volume also turns up the call volume; and the call volume still overrides the background audio. So if the call is loud, it not only hurts my ears but I still won’t be able to hear the video I’m watching (does the same to all music and other sounds)

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:24 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2023 12:38 AM in response to Doc_Corcoran

When you're on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media on iPhone, you can use the buttons on the side of your device to adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects. You can also use Siri to turn the volume up or down.

Adjust the volume on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

During Snapchat and Audio Calls, system volume is overrode by Call Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.