Airport extreme configuration utility in macOS Ventura doesn't allow add "Enable access Control" devices

As you can read in the manual

Access Control to the Wi-Fi network in AirPort Utility on the Mac

...That said, you can adjust the time and days when a computer can access your Wi-Fi network, as well as when a user can access the network to use the internet, share files or play games.

1. Open the AirPort Utility app on the Mac, which is located in the Utilities folder, inside the Applications folder.
  2. In the graphical information, select the base station you want to configure, and then click Edit. You may have to enter a password for the base station.
  3. Click on Network, select "Enable access control" and then click on the "Access control with temporary restriction" button.
  4. In the dialog box that appears, modify the default behavior of any user who joins the network by doing the following:

a.Select the Unlimited item (by default) in the "Wireless Clients" list. (If you want, you can change the name).

b.Use the drop-down menus in the "Wireless Access Hours" area to select a day or set of days and a length of time.

You can add additional hours by clicking on the Add button under the "Wireless access hours" area.

5.If you want to offer hours of single access to a specific wireless client, do the following:

a. Click on the Add button + under the "Wireless customers" list and press the Tab key.

b. Enter a description and a MAC address in the fields below the list.

c. Use the drop-down menus in the "Wireless Access Hours" area to select a day or set of days and a length of time.

Add additional hours by clicking on the Add button + under the "Wireless Access Hours" list.

6. When you're done, click Save to save your changes and close the dialog box. Then, click Update to save the changes. Here the problem: The "Save" button is inactive and you cannot clic on it. So the Airport Utility in macOS Ventura continues with the problem and is not solved yet

Is there a reason to maintain this "bug" in macOS Ventura. Will it be solved in macOS Sonoma?

Thanks

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 6:57 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 27, 2023 2:58 AM in response to anvi

This issue as I see it is, the AirPort Utility Setup Assistant  application from Apple dates back to version 6.3.1 and is supported in older versions of OSX

As for discussions on macOS 14 Sonoma that would be speculative macOS Sonoma Preview - Apple (CA)

Should the above be not to the user liking

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

Aug 27, 2023 7:15 AM in response to anvi

As has been written by the User (you )

" It's a utility offcially supported by Apple and it's is included due the big number of Airports in production. I have this answer from engineering team and is the reason that is included and full operational but the bug "

and

" Reported and scalated to Senior Engenering Team. "

and

" Just command + space, type Airport and you should receive the app in the list list "

Yes and thank you, I can see " Airport Utility " in Utilities in the Other of LaunchPad as well as in Utilities of Applications

Since you have already verified with Apple Engineers Team and scaled this to the Senior Engineering Team at Apple

Is it not best to wait for an answer from them ?

After all, they are the Experts in such matters and have far better understanding of how this is supported to work ?

We are only fellow Apple Uses like @ P. Phillips and you and @ Matti Haveri

Aug 27, 2023 4:28 AM in response to anvi

iOS AirPort Utility has some extra options compared to macOS version so you might try that.

But Apple has long ago discontinued AirPort base stations.

I might soon retire my AirPort Extreme 802.11n 5th Generation 2011 like I did several years ago with AirPort Extreme 802.11g Snow Dual Ethernet Base Station 2003 although it could still be configured with the old Macs in the household. Such old devices can cause obscure errors in the network.

Airport extreme configuration utility in macOS Ventura doesn't allow add "Enable access Control" devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.