Apple account recovery is legitimately the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

At the most is should take a week wait to recover, not 15 days, not 30. A WEEK AT THE MOST. My phone is the ocean along with my card that I don’t have access to now, and everything it’s saying for me to provide is no help to me in this situation. I need my number, email, and card, to speed up the process and at this point I only have my email because of the situation. There is no reason it takes an entire month even for security. It’s entirely inconvenient, I don’t have access to my accounts to close my cards, let alone the phone number to recover my account. I’m losing money on things that I shouldn’t have too all because I can’t call the Apple to prove that I’m me. I can’t go to the store and prove myself because “it’s up to the system”. Why is the **** system deciding whether I should get my account back over a person. Seems very incompetent of Apple to let their customers lose money like this. I can’t even access my AppleCare+ to see if I can replace my phone because I need the imei code thats ON MY PHONE. This is the slowest, most inconvenient process I’ve ever gone through. At this point it’d be easier to get a state ID then it’d be to unlock my account. I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost customers because of this.

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 10:05 AM

Apple Support Communities is set up as an end-user to end-user technical issue support service (i.e., users like you helping other users -- " I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost customers because of this." I don't have any customers. ;-) ) Feedback for Apple will likely get more attention if you send it using: Product Feedback - Apple

Generally an account recovery situation is avoidable if one maintains records of one's account information and has extra means for receiving codes such as multiple trusted devices and trusted numbers. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Gloria_116

Apple Support Communities is set up as an end-user to end-user technical issue support service (i.e., users like you helping other users -- " I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost customers because of this." I don't have any customers. ;-) ) Feedback for Apple will likely get more attention if you send it using: Product Feedback - Apple

Generally an account recovery situation is avoidable if one maintains records of one's account information and has extra means for receiving codes such as multiple trusted devices and trusted numbers. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Apple account recovery is legitimately the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.