Recover pics from a broken ipad

I gave my old IPad to my elderly neighbor. She has used it for years as a photo album. There are hundreds of photos on there and keeps her connected to the world. I don’t know how the back up works but the machine will no longer turn on. When you plug it in you see the battery charging but can’t turn on. Is there any way of retrieving the old pictures on there. I set it up so long ago and I’m not sure it was backing up to the cloud. I’d love to help her out. She is 105 YO and this was her happy place.

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:46 AM

If iCloud Photos was turned on in the iPad you can use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If iCloud Photos was not turned on but iCloud Backup was on, you cannot view the photos but you can use the backup to restore a device or to set up a new device. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 11:46 AM in response to marsha337

If iCloud Photos was turned on in the iPad you can use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If iCloud Photos was not turned on but iCloud Backup was on, you cannot view the photos but you can use the backup to restore a device or to set up a new device. See: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Recover pics from a broken ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.