Touch bar not showing quick actions

My touch bar suddenly stopped showing my quick actions, other than that it's completely normal. I brought it in to the genius bar and they kept it for two days and reinstalled the firmware. I think at first they were able to see them but when I came to pick up my Mac they had disappeared again and so had the touch bar options in the extensions page of settings. I asked what the next steps were to fix this and was told to call apple support and file an RTA. However when I did the supervisor told me it was a hardware issue and I should bring it back to the genius bar or mail it in to get it further evaluated for that. So I wanted to know if anyone else had/is experiencing this and what I can do to get this fixed quickly. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 8:14 AM

ellian289 wrote:

My touch bar suddenly stopped showing my quick actions, other than that it's completely normal. I brought it in to the genius bar and they kept it for two days and reinstalled the firmware. I think at first they were able to see them but when I came to pick up my Mac they had disappeared again and so had the touch bar options in the extensions page of settings. I asked what the next steps were to fix this and was told to call apple support and file an RTA. However when I did the supervisor told me it was a hardware issue and I should bring it back to the genius bar or mail it in to get it further evaluated for that. So I wanted to know if anyone else had/is experiencing this and what I can do to get this fixed quickly. Thanks!

There is no advantage in duplicate post...

Touch bar quick actions gone - Apple Community

on an Intel Mac you can try —

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

and resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

no resolve take it in:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 8:14 AM in response to ellian289

ellian289 wrote:

There is no advantage in duplicate post...

Touch bar quick actions gone - Apple Community

on an Intel Mac you can try —

resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

and resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

no resolve take it in:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Touch bar not showing quick actions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.