AppleCare+ Question

Hi,

Upon doing an internet search following Apple’s website telling me my device was no longer qualified to get AppleCare, I read that after the initial time frame you “could” technically get it again if you had the receipt from where you purchased your iPhone and called customer support to get it. Is there any truth to this? Thanks in advanced.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:27 PM

No, there is no truth to this. Apple is strict about purchasing AppleCare+ plans within the first 60 days of purchase from Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller. If you are past that date, you can't buy AppleCare+ even if you have the purchase receipt (which you should keep anyway).

3 replies

Sep 9, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Tjc1928

Tjc1928 Said:

"AppleCare+ Question: Hi, Upon doing an internet search following Apple’s website telling me my device was no longer qualified to get AppleCare, I read that after the initial time frame you 'could' technically get it again if you had the receipt from where you purchased your iPhone and called customer support to get it. Is there any truth to this? Thanks in advanced."

-------

About Purchasing AppleCare:

A. Finding Info About AppelCare+ Coverage:

Go here: Find Information About your Warranty or AppleCare Plan - Apple Support

B. Extending AppleCare Coverage:

Go Here: Extend your AppleCare+ Coverage - Apple Support . Apple may or may not allow AppleCare to be continued. That is THEIR call. So, it's' not always a "Yes". You only have a couple of weeks to perform this transaction. After that, there is nothing you can really do, unless the date is incorrect, and you need to fix that.

C. Who Sold this?:

If purchased from Apple, then get it through them. If purchased from a retailer, then you'd get the AppleCare plan through them at the cash register. If purchased secondhand, then you'd need to have the original receipt, and have the seller transfer it to you: Transfer your AppleCare Plan - Apple Support

Sep 9, 2023 7:51 PM in response to TheLittles

If you read the original post, they've already determined through Apple the iPhone is no longer eligible to purchase an AppleCare+ Plan for. It really doesn't make much difference who sold it, since Apple won't sell a plan for the phone. And why you'd offer information about extending AppleCare+ coverage on a phone which isn't even eligible for a plan doesn't compute either?

They simply wanted to know if it was true, that Apple would sell them a plan if the device is not eligible for a plan, if they showed Apple the receipt and spoke with customer service. And the answer is no, Apple won't make an exception to the purchase requirements.

AppleCare+ Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.