How to watch

Since having a power cut for a short while, Apple TV won't let me watch some movies. I just get the 'How to watch' tab, which tells me I must subscribe, which I already do. I was able to watch these movies okay before the power outage. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:22 AM

That is not a title that is available from Apple TV Plus. The service is for Apple Originals only. Other titles, such as this one, will be available from the store and require a separate fee to either rent or purchase.

When you are on a device that doesn't support that function (i.e. Android TV, Google TV) then it will present this message. It means you have to first do that transaction on another device before it becomes available to your library.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 11:22 AM in response to adam4166

That is not a title that is available from Apple TV Plus. The service is for Apple Originals only. Other titles, such as this one, will be available from the store and require a separate fee to either rent or purchase.

When you are on a device that doesn't support that function (i.e. Android TV, Google TV) then it will present this message. It means you have to first do that transaction on another device before it becomes available to your library.

Sep 12, 2023 11:14 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you so much for your help. I've confirmed the subscription is active (till Jan 24) and rebooted the App. I'm still getting this screen when I try to play the movie. The only thing I haven't done is confirm the version I'm using, but I have downloaded and installed any updates recently. Any ideas, before I try Apple Support?

How to watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.