Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Remove Outlook/Office 365 Account from Mail

I'm hoping someone can help with this scenario. I've recently separated from my company and was not able to delete the Office 365 account tied to the company off my iPhone before the account was locked/deleted. Somehow the Outlook email account was synced to the Mail app (even though I don't recall actively allowing it to do that) so the account now appears as an account in Mail.

I have been able to delete the cache of mail and even remove the account from the Outlook app which has now been removed from the phone. However, the O365 account still shows up in Mail. When I go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and click on the O365 account it does not give me the option to delete the account.

A reminder that I can no longer log into the account as it was managed and deleted by my former company. I'd really like to eradicate any trace of the former company from my personal phone. Has anyone experienced this? Do you have a solution?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 5:26 PM

Look in Settings>General>VPN & Device Management

If there is a management profile there, remove it. Depending on how your former employer handled things, they may have installed a management profile to push out the settings for your account.

If there is not one there, and you don't have the option to remove the account, double check to make sure you have not set restrictions on your phone to prevent account changes as a security measure. You'll need to turn that restriction off in order to remove the account.

If you have not done so, you may end up having to erase your phone and set it up from scratch. I've seen that before when managed devices were not properly take out of the management system prior to removal of the account from the tenant.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 5:26 PM in response to BulldogWrinkles

Look in Settings>General>VPN & Device Management

If there is a management profile there, remove it. Depending on how your former employer handled things, they may have installed a management profile to push out the settings for your account.

If there is not one there, and you don't have the option to remove the account, double check to make sure you have not set restrictions on your phone to prevent account changes as a security measure. You'll need to turn that restriction off in order to remove the account.

If you have not done so, you may end up having to erase your phone and set it up from scratch. I've seen that before when managed devices were not properly take out of the management system prior to removal of the account from the tenant.

Remove Outlook/Office 365 Account from Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.